SRU Ropes Course

 I want to bring your attention to the wonderful opportunities that Slippery Rock has to offer. Specifically, the Ropes Course here on campus. I have had the pleasure of participating two times; once in my Outdoor Pursuits class and for the School Wellness Education Council meeting. At first, it is very nerve-racking, but once you do it for the first time that built-up anxiety decreases a little. There are five different elements not including the climbing wall to get up to the platform, or there are stairs instead. The five elements are; short cable to high beam, high beam, cable traverse, horizontal ladder, and planks. If you haven't had the pleasure of going on the ropes course, I highly suggest you do it when the next opportunity arises.

Comments

  1. Way to bring awareness to this opportunity. Last semester in my outdoor pursuit class we went to the ropes course a couple of times. I participated and was so scared. I am personally scared of heights but didn't want to miss out on a great opportunity. I hope everyone gets to try it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had the pleasure of participating in the Slippery Rock ropes course two times. The first time I did the ropes course I was very nervous and it took me awhile to get through all the elements. The second time I did the ropes course I was barely nervous at all. It is crazy how different my emotions were from the first time to the second. Slippery Rock University's ropes course is definitely a great opportunity and everyone at Slippery Rock should try it out if they get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only been to the ropes course on time and that was for the School Wellness Education club. I really enjoyed my experience and liked the challenges but was hesitant at first. The harnessing system is what gave me the spook but once I knew the gear would catch me I was fine. I would recommend this opportunity to any Slippery Rock student.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been on the ropes course before, it sounds great! I loved how you described it and make it easy for someone to imagine if they have never seen it. It's great that you are sharing your opportunities and experiences with your peers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment