Outdoor Pursuits

This page was created for health and wellness purposes, to start I want to talk about my Outdoor Pursuits class. Specifically, knot tying for rock walls and climbing. For example, today in class I learned how to do a proper figure eight knot. This is used when one does not have a carabiner, so instead the figure eight knot is used. Three simple rules about the knot are to make sure it's done correctly, ropes enter and exit through the same hole, the number eight is visibly seen, and lastly, the ropes are parallel to each other. Come back for more health and wellness-based content. 

Comments

  1. I learned about figure eight knots last semester and all about its importance. Being able to correctly tie a figure eight knot is so important for rock climbing! Especially to make people feel safe. Way to tell us the basic rules to make sure the knot is safe and ready to be used. Very well said.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment